NEWS: Seabourn unveils design details of new Seabourn Venture ship. Seabourn Venture embarked on its first voyage July 27, 2022, to Norway and the Arctic. While natural beauty, wildlife, and culture are at the heart of every expedition itinerary, guests will also find plenty to admire on board thanks to the ship’s stunning design by Seabourn partner and iconic hospitality interiors atelier, Tihany Design.
Led by Founder Adam D. Tihany and Managing Partner Alessia Genova, the boutique design atelier has crafted hotel and dining interiors for some of the most iconic and luxurious hospitality brands around the globe. Seabourn Venture is the third vessel that Tihany Design has fashioned for Seabourn from its New York-based studio. Their vision was to give purposeful, global exploration “a spectacular allure,” capturing the romanticism of early explorers while lifting the hearts of Seabourn guests and its dedicated crew who works with tremendous pride throughout the journey.
“We are so proud and delighted with Seabourn Venture and the creative energy and input of Tihany Design,” said Seabourn President Josh Leibowitz. “We asked them to create and present designs that would be world-class and to set a new standard for expedition travel. Adam and Alessia have brought forward a vision of creating luxurious interior spaces that reflect the beauty of nature inside and outside the ship by using natural materials, colors and textures. They have established Seabourn Venture as the world’s most beautiful and luxurious expedition ship ever created.”
Gathering Spaces Inspired by the Spirit of Adventure
Seabourn unveils design details of new Seabourn Venture ship and Tihany Design shaped a dozen public spaces throughout Seabourn Venture, each with a narrative of its own; some areas will be familiar to guests who have previously traveled with Seabourn, while others are brand new and contribute to the expeditionary ambiance and spirit of the ship.
Conceived with artistry and innovation, the interiors create an ambiance of relaxed sophistication and elegance, yet emanate the potent allure of the natural world. Hence, materials are intentionally tactile and elemental to evoke ruggedness, a spirit of adventure and the thrill of discovery, while artfully complementing Seabourn’s signature luxury and comfort. So, too, does the vessel’s bespoke custom furniture line, developed by Tihany Product Design, which sets a new precedent for the next generation of design in the expedition cruise market.
- At the heart of Seabourn Venture is the Expedition Lounge, where guests convene before and after off-ship expeditions. Located on Deck 4, it is a warm, comfortable, and engaging setting with two fireplaces producing lifelike water vapor “flames,” a glass partition etched with a vintage map, and a full bar creating a cozy and enchanting environment for swapping stories of the day’s adventures and anticipating more to come. Custom furniture crafted from wood, wool, leather, and fur echoes the quality and craftsmanship of tools and instruments employed by early explorers.
- Right next door, the Discovery Center is the classroom of the ship, sized for every guest to be enriched with natural history and cultural programming at once. As warm and inviting as its neighbor, the design is inspired by the compelling landscape of Antarctica, incorporating a natural color palette and organic shapes of topography maps against the elegant curves of plush custom seating set before a large screen for immersive lectures and video experiences. The textured liquid metal wall covering is unique.
- A focal point on all Seabourn vessels, the Atrium connects all guest-area decks via an elegant staircase. On Seabourn Venture, the sky-lit space decked out in wood and metal finishes has details including rhythmically placed rope work and a topography-inspired liquid metal wall treatment. The diamond-shape floor pattern emphasizes a captivating artwork created at the base of the space, as well as a suspended light fixture, both of which emulate traditional instruments used to measure wind.
- Also known as ‘the Mud Room,’ the Landing Zone is the ship’s utility space where guests change, clean, and store boots and gear following excursions. Reimagined by Tihany Design as a comfortable setting of sleek, modern design, the Zone combines a durable material palette of floor tile, wood, and metal details with rivet accents to evoke the characteristics of luggage as well as the orange-tinged uniforms of the crew.
- The Restaurant on Seabourn Venture merges bold lines and shapes with softness reminiscent of falling snow. Leather wall paneling is brought to life with a unique three-dimensional diamond arrangement and visible stitching, while geometric carpeting in blue and purple surrounds a porcelain tile floor that recalls the natural sediment of a geode. Custom designed dining chairs produced by renowned Italian furniture manufacturer Roda echo craftsmanship throughout the ship with rich burgundy leather, textured fabric seat back, exposed rivet details, and wood frame. A wine display encased in bronze framed glass will inspire conversation as sophisticated as its inventory.
- The casual Colonnade dining space on Deck 5 takes inspiration from historic maritime design with a ceiling of riveted curved wood panels evoking the feel of a wooden hull of an early expedition ship, decorative metal plate details, wood flooring, and art displays of intricate nautical knots. Buffet stations are dressed up with three-dimensional textured tile and white stone countertops and set beneath a sleek copper ceiling for the feeling of a working kitchen. Guests are welcome to dine outside on the aft deck, home to an infinity-style pool, two Jacuzzis, and a pair of sculptural showers.
- A communal space housing the ship’s Concierge, Guest Services team members, and a charming café, Seabourn Square offers intimate gathering spaces decked out with outward facing, circular concierge desks, wood-backed scalloped banquettes, and lounge chairs by Tihany Design. Riveted leather wall panels echo the handcrafted details of the furniture, and an overlapping circular patterned ceiling recalls the symmetrical composition of a compass. Extending to the aft deck guests can grab a seat and or utilize one of the fixed Swarovski telescopes to soak up the views.
- The highest indoor viewing point on Seabourn Venture is the Constellation Lounge, with stunning, 270-degree views as far as guests’ eyes can see. Set on the top deck, its intimate interior is an ode to constellations, with a dark blue and red palette accented by silver and bronze metals and intricate stone floors, and lighting that generates a shimmering star-like pattern across the ceiling. A central bar is fashioned from faceted metal and stone and illuminated by a unique diamond-shaped lighting cove. Velvet banquettes and sling-back chairs by Tihany Design create a seductive and relaxed environment for enjoying the signature Seabourn live piano.
- The Bow Lounge on Deck 6 provides the closest access to the water via the foredeck, making it a prime destination to watch for marine life. Comfortable and engaging, the lounge is designed to mimic elements of the Captain’s bridge, with expansive windows and interactive monitors displaying updated information about the day at sea. Large screens project live footage from a drone outside, and smaller touch screens offer a live map, weather information and more.
- Finally, the ship’s Spa & Wellness integrates the design concept of a contemporary “floating forest,” with details such as a tree-inspired textured art mural, light wood and bronze material palette, and reception done up with live wood features. The fitness center and yoga areas feature an open wall of floor-to-ceiling windows for striking views looking out onto the world around you.
Suites Designed for Sweet Dreams
Seabourn unveils design details of new Seabourn Venture ship and nothing prepares a Seabourn guest for an adventure like a luxurious night’s sleep, and to further that goal, the suite collection of Seabourn Venture is designed to comfort and inspire. Each of the 132 contemporary-style oceanfront suites feature thoughtfully crafted furniture, tactile materials, and bespoke details that capture the timeless luxury of travel and elevate the experience.
Parchment-inspired wall panels finished with digitally printed wall laminate material and curvilinear arch design elements reflect bygone maritime craftsmanship. Custom bedside panels have toggle switches, an analog clock, and a foldaway reading lamp, while carpeting displays organic shapes and furniture features wood frames, exposed rivet details, and bronze inlays. Wool blankets are also custom-designed, and throws on couches are made of soft, fine-textured, sustainably-sourced cashmere of the highest quality. The wardrobe is a “heat jacket,” for drying outdoor parkas speedily, and spacious bathrooms have a separate shower and bathtub with bronze fittings.
Seabourn Venture is the first of two new purpose-built ultra-luxury expedition ships for Seabourn. Launched in July 2022, the ship will sail to a number of far-flung and remote destinations in the Arctic, Greenland, Iceland, the Caribbean, Central America, Colombia, South America, Antarctica the Amazon and more. The ship was designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include a plethora of modern hardware and technology that will extend the ships global deployment and capabilities. Seabourn Venture provides the same luxury small-ship experience with the addition of world-class equipment that allows the line to offer its widest range of expedition activities led by an expert 26-person team of scientists, scholars, naturalists, and more. The voyages offer complimentary Seabourn Expedition offerings such as Zodiac cruises, hikes, nature walks, scuba diving, and snorkeling, as well as optional shore excursions and optional Seabourn Expeditions with kayaking and two custom-built submarines at select destinations.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of six modern ships with one under construction and is a proud member of World’s Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Our highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and the people and communities our ships visit.
About Tihany Design:
Tihany Design is a multidisciplinary, ever-evolving design atelier specializing in luxury hospitality, cruise, retail, residences, private clubs, yachting, spa and leisure. Led by Founder Adam D. Tihany (since 1978) and Managing Partner Alessia Genova, the firm thrives today as the visionary force behind stunning interiors around the globe; its diverse catalog of work resonates elevated personalization, timeless elegance and an authentic sense of place.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world’s top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
- World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
- All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
- Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveler to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Inclusive expedition experiences with Zodiacs, scuba diving and snorkeling
- Optional expedition experiences with kayaks and custom-built, 6-guest submersibles giving the option to extend your expedition further for greater ocean exploration**
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating your journey
- World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveler with unique attributes and spaces to enhance your experience
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program**
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
* At the Captain’s discretion
** Optional programs, for additional charge
The post Seabourn unveils design details of new Seabourn Venture ship appeared first on Cruiseguru.