Technology company Snap Inc. (Snapchat) is hiring locally for its office in Toronto, and the jobs come with some incredible perks for employees.
Snap Inc. was named Snapchat Inc. at its inception but was rebranded in 2016, as the social media company continued to develop and maintain additional technological products and services like Spectacles and Bitmoji.
The California-based social media giant is currently hiring for three positions in Toronto: Software Engineer, Graphics – Bitmoji, and two roles for Graphics Engineer.
All the full-time positions were posted in the past number of weeks and are currently open at the time of writing. Most of the roles require three-plus years of engineering experience, strong computer science fundamentals, and/or a portfolio showcasing your work.
Back in November 2022, Bloomberg reported that Snap Inc. staff were asked to be back in the office four days a week starting in February.
The move was all part of the company’s “default together” policy, which asks employees to work in an office at least 80 per cent of the time (an average of four days per week) to build the company’s culture, reinforce values, and serve the community better through “dynamic collaboration.”
“I believe that spending more time together in person will help us achieve our full potential,” CEO Evan Spiegel wrote in a memo reviewed by Bloomberg. “What each of us may sacrifice in terms of our individual convenience, I believe we will reap in terms of our collective success.”
“We’ve been working this way for so long that I’m afraid we’ve forgotten what we’ve lost — and what we could gain — by spending more time together,” Spiegel said.
Although the roles require you to work from the office most of the time, commuting back and forth to your job may just be worth all of the amazing benefits you get in return.
According to Snap Inc.’s website, some of the job benefits when working for the company include:
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Backup child care coverage, caregiver assistance, and digital maternity care support
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage, including PPO, HSA, and HMO options
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage, including LASIK benefits
- Gym perks and discounts
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Speaker series, classes, and subscriptions to educational programs
You can find the full list of positions Snap Inc. is hiring for in Toronto here.