What’s open on Thanksgiving Monday 2023 in Toronto is a bit of a mixed bag. While most of the city has the day off, there are some notable exceptions when it comes to shopping centres and attractions.
If you need to do some last-minute turkey day shopping or want to spend the day out with family, let this be your guide on October 9.
Here’s what’s open and closed on Thanksgiving Monday in Toronto.
- Government offices
- Post offices
- The TTC will operate on a holiday schedule
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- Select Shoppers Drug Mart and Rexall locations.
Food and Drink
- It’s worth calling ahead to restaurants and bars before heading out — many already consider Monday a day off.
- The Beer Store
- Most major grocery chains will be closed on Thanksgiving Monday with a few confirmed exceptions listed below.
If you’re planning to visit other spots, make sure to call ahead to confirm the hours.
- Bayview Village Shops
- CF Fairview Mall
- CF Sherway Gardens
- Dufferin Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Bata Shoe Museum
- Canada’s Wonderland
Hector Vasquez at Summerhill Market